|Martha Ann King|
This post is ABOUT ME... and my mom. You can choose to read it or not. I know she's not here to see it... but it feels good to put it out there in the world.
To MOM... these are the things I miss the most: YOU!
1) Two hour conversations long distance on the phone.
2) Shopping and you telling me all the things you think I'd look good in!
3) The excitement you'd get when you found a GREAT bargain!
4) The way you'd rub my head and call me "little girl" even when I was well into my 20's.
5) I miss not having you here to share my children with. Sorry you did not get to meet
them. You'd think they were the greatest; NOT just because they're so well behaved. One of them has red hair... I know how you love red hair.
6) Kicking back watching the football games...eating popcorn, boiled shrimp and tomato soup... although anyone else would think it's a strange combination... we were strange.
7) Getting dressed in the bathroom... you at one side of the mirror, me at the other.
You asking me... "Too much blush?", me asking you, "How's my hair"... ha ha!
8) Going out to eat, sitting in a restaurant (usually Mexican) and just talking. You really understood my jokes, happy go-lucky attitude and facetious nature... and laughed at it.
9) All the encouragement... No one has ever made me feel it was ok to be ME, like you did. All the unconditional love you gave, even when you knew I was messing up... you were there to love me through it when I fell, to lift me back up and push me off again.
10) I miss... not knowing... what it would be like to have you here NOW, to enjoy my children, know my husband and be impressed by him saying, "yes ma'am" all the time. He does it to all his elders... except me. ha ha!